Here's a workaround to capture a screen recording to animated gif in Windows 7 without also showing the form UI in the image:
- Install the AnimatedGif plugin (https://cropperplugins.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=AnimatedGif)
- Resize form overlay to cover the area you want to capture
- Double-click the form overlay to start a test capture
- Double-click the form overlay again to stop the test capture
(Steps 3-4 are required to set the PrtScrn capture area used below)
- Press PrtScrn to start/stop the real screen capture to animated gif.
It would be nice for the developer to add a keyboard hook and allow us to define the hotkey to start/stop capturing so that we wouldn't have to do this workaround.