Run Error: Cropper has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Hi,

I installed v1.9 and run it on WinXP 64-bit. This was done when I don't have administration right, where I installed it in my home area. After I got admin right on my computer, I uninstalled it and installed it again on the Program Files area. But now whenever I open it, I get the following message:

Cropper has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So I can't use the program at all as it never open. Does anyone have the same problem or know the solution to it?

This is a very useful little tool. I hope there is a solution. Thanks beforehand.

Thanks,

Wilson

Developer
Nov 26, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I tried this scenario out on a Windows XP 32-bit Virtual Machine and Cropper works after the re-install. Does it say anything about what the specific problem is? Is there anything in the event log?

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I received your reply and was going to try to install it again. I checked on the website for any new update and found version 1.9.3 and installed it. It seems the problem has gone away, and I must say the newer version is much smoother now.

I am not sure what's wrong before. However, in regards to the problem I had earlier, the error message is what I mentioned earlier, no extra information, thus I can't understand the problem. I tried uninstalling it, and remove every trace of it in the hard disk as well as anything related to cropper in the registry and then do a fresh install. But the problem remains. Maybe there is some registry that I did not clear, for example the class ids that are associated with the program?? I am not sure. I am not sure where to find the event log, so don't know if there is any information there.

Thank you for your help. It is a very good app. I like it very much. Thanks for developing it.

Regards,

Wilson