This project is read-only.

usb stick / dual monitor

Feb 11, 2008 at 7:26 PM
Hi,

Just started using cropper. Very nice.

Can cropper run from a usb memory stick?

I have dual monitors. Cropper grabs both monitors and I want it to grab the left monitor only, I THINK I told it to grab 1024 by something instead of 2048 by something, but it still grabbed both. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Nov 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Version 1.8.0 added a new feature:

Portable Cropper. If you run cropper from a thumb drive you can add a file named cropper.portable to the application directory. If Cropper detects this file, it will save the configuration in the application directory and will default to a sub directory named 'Cropper Captures' for the images.

So yes, Cropper can run from a usb memory stick and that is how you set it up.

Were you doing a capture using print screen or making Cropper a specific size that covered your left monitor?

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I am also trying to use cooper with dual screens(desktop extended across). If I use print screen I get half of each screen. If I make the cooper rectangle a specific size and double click I get what I want. Is there a way to make screen print your primary screen?

Thanks again

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM
when i press PrintScreen both my monitors are in the capture.

however, you cannot get just the primary screen. these are the three available options for using print screen with Cropper:

If Cropper is being used to save Print Screen images (Cropper will capture even while the crop form is minimized)
  • PrintScreen: Take a screen shot of the entire desktop or start/stop a recording plug-in.
  • Alt+PrintScreen: Take a screen shot of the current active window or start/stop a recording plug-in.
  • Ctrl+Alt+PrintScreen: Take a screen shot of the region below the mouse or start/stop a recording plug-in.