This project is read-only.

This is a great little tool! One problem...

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Edited Jan 20, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I love Cropper! It is quite practical and versatile. I am having just one problem. I was looking through the discussions and did not find this (I am using version 1.9.3.89).

In vista32 SP2, when I capture something, the color table is saved to the image each time. (This is not a problem on my other machine running XP and they are configured the same.) I thought that if you click "hide" that you could still capture, but instead it closes Cropper and the captures thereafter are not saved. Is this a known issue? Is there a resolution to this? Please advise. Thank you. :)

EDIT. Never Mind. You can delete this as I did not see how to delete this post. Under "Appearance" "Capturing..." it gives the option to hide and I checked that and it works now (still doesn't hide when I click hide from the menu but instead exits the program).

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Hide from the context menu hides the main form by minimizing it to the notification area (commonly referred to as the system tray). Pressing ESC does the same thing.

Under the Appearance tab in the Options dialog there are two options that will hide the main form. One is during a capture (which is enabled by default on a Vista or later operating system) and one is after a capture (disabled by default). The main form is hidden during a capture to allow Cropper to capture other transparent windows while keeping the crop form from showing up in the capture. To enable a scenario where the user wants to take a capture and move on, they can hide the main form after a capture.